Thursday, January 05, 2006

Utterly devastated

OK...not really. I am not reduced to tears of frustration and despair yet. I just bought a Howl's Moving Castle DVD from HMV (yes..yes indulgence) and there is somethig wrong with the sound. Can't HEAR a single word half way through the movie (damn it). Kicked the well...something and stubbed several toes and 1 knee. Walked drenching in the rain which by some infernal coincidence starting pouring as soon as I left the general warmth and safety of a snug home to my grandma's to borrow her DVD player and see if it's just the disc or the player's fault. Apparently Howl and gang likes my grandma's DVD player. WhenI came home from gran's... it behaved before I went for dinner, and when I came home...it died again. I feel like suing somebody.

Tomorrow, I'm going to have it changed. I think the alternative title to this post should be 'Murphy's Law strikes'. Ugh.

By the way...I read Christopher Priest's book entitled 'The Prestige'. It's a bit slow, and really complicated (or maybe my illogical brain just dun get the clues) but it is also downright creepy. I kinda liked it...a rather more intellectual read...but hey...I thought it's rather nice. I do not hog em. If you wanna borrow them you'll have to hop down to a library and stake it out or you can just borrow them from me and return it on time. =p. Does me a favour anyway - returning it for me. By the way, 'The Prestige' is Christopher Nolan's next film er...after the Batman sequel or before it I dunno, so those of you who liked Batman Begins, maybe it'll be nice to read up on his next film...

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger