Monday, January 09, 2006

On days like this...

The rain never fails to amaze me. On days like this, when it pours and pours relentlessly, and the sound of rain drops thudding maks me calm, and all I want to do is watch the rain sliding off my umbrella while I walk home, nevermind that the hems of my jeans are soaked, shoes ruined. Back home, all I want to do then is listen to the rain. It's always there, this comforting sound in the background. It's not a distinct sound, but then, that's why it's so soothing I think, to hear the rain, when it is a sound that is so familiar at this time of the year, and particularly for the last couple of weeks.

Then, while all is calm and tranquil, you are all of a sudden astounded by the little everyday things that you never see normally... I don't know why it fascinated me, but watching little runnels and trickles of water flowing down the partially dry tree trunk was just...amazing to watch, especially when as you walk on, and the rain continues to pour, the trees you walk past are increasingly soaked, and the trunks turn a darker brown where the rain water has touched it.

I wonder why the rain makes me feel this way...lol. I guess I'm just weird on this point - haha. to think I'm fascinated with stemflow.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger