Monday, January 30, 2006

Dog's Year

Speaking of Man's best friend...WHY do people dress their beloved pets like so?????? If I were a dog, I'll think that my owner must have gone crackers. Maybe I'll blame the alcohol. OK, as a pet owner myself, I can understand why indulgent owners want to dress up their pets. I HAVE tried my hamsters, but the ribbons never stay on. I just think that some of the er costumes are over the top. Poor doggies.

Now, then, lets go on to the 'Man' aspect. CNY is very fun, except for the food part. It's been only one day, and I am already sick of bak kwa and pineapple tarts. Actually, I've been sick of the latter for a few years now. Other than that, the yusheng was nice, reunion dinner was grand, and vegetarian (I think) lunch at my gran's yummy. I'm not sure what's it called actually. It's got a proper name. Now, I can hear lion dance coming from somewhere. Been hearing such things for some time now. Met up with LOTS of relatives. Funny...they ask the same questions every time I see them, but I guess I can't blame them for doing so.

Every CNY, I also end up playing with my neices and younger cousins. Played blackjack and lost handily. (Thank goodness no money was involved, but still!) Pillow fight was won easily. So was hide and seek. Hurhur. Money has never been my forte. Oh well...at least the other card game went well...sort of like improvised Uno.

Spent CNY speculating on Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. It was very nice by the way=D. Does anyone still want to read the book??

I find that there isn't much to blog about, CNY. I guess all the excitement was in the week preceding it. Going to Chinatown...braving the crowds and aunts. Decorating, cleaning... now I'm like, at a standstill. Speaking of Chinatown - we spent an entire eveing trawling only one street. It was that bad. My aunts even spent like 20 mins picking cushion covers but eventually decided not to buy anything, much to my disgust. Hello! Who subjects themselves to smoke inhalation, and then go away empty handed? They also spent more than 1/2 hr picking jewllery at a road side stall. (I must admit being one of the culprits, but that's because I didn't want to buy anything, and had to spend time persuading myself that I needed a pair of earrings ;) )
So you see! CNY is boring. The shopping...decorating...I don't know...the air of anticipation is always more fun isn't it?

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger