Thursday, December 01, 2005

Urban Jungle

A caterpillar (the hideous green variety) managed to find its way up my shirt yesterday night. Don't ask me how it got there because I have no idea. I only saw it when I was in the lift. Knocked it off with my house keys. I don't want to complain, but seriously, Singapore is NOT a place where you meet many caterpillars, unless of course you happen to be in the Zoo, where they deliberately deck the Fragile Forest exhibit with those appalling creatures. Is there some kind of ill fortue that follows me around? Or is there some rule that says the more you fear them, the more they follow you around, dropping onto shoulders and shirt fronts and being made pets by younger siblings?

Today, I walked around with my new heels. I bought them for prom, but really no one in their right minds would wear heels that high. They are bad for your feet, lousy shopping footwear, dangerous on bumpy terrain (like old tar roads and brick roads) and utterly useless unless for improving posture. If you walk on grass, your heels sink into the soil, thanks partly to the wet weather of course, but still... Today. I nearly toppled down the stairs on them, and then after that, I scrapped the heel when I stepped onto the metal grill of the drains. =( Hey. At least now, with some practice, I can walk to Grand Hyatt knowing I would have less chnces to fall flat on my face.

Those heels...and those monstrous denizens of trees and bushes and vegetables your mother buys home from the market...leaves one to think - Urban jungle? I live at the edge of civilisation.

P.S. I know it's duh but yup...comp fixed. More or less.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger