Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Restored!

Yesterday, my home phone died. It was already dying several days before but we only noticed on Sunday when my aunt called my handphone to say that my grandma had been trying to call our house phone the whole morning. The SingTel people came yesterday and proclaimed our line dead and that we would need another guy to come and reattach the phone cable to the mains outside. Apparently the previous owner did not (or maybe it did to the proud new owner of a HDB flat) have the sense to discreetly hide all the cables behind a nice cornice which made moving potential fire hazards an impossibility unless we got someone to knock down our walls.

Basically what they did was to create a new line that now runs near the floor instead of near the ceiling. There was a bit if drilling and hammering and I sincerely hoped the neighbours don't mind. I hate drilling and living in a house that is subjected to such sounds that would no doubt annoy others more than it did me is even more distasteful than the noise.

However, enough about that. I would have blogged this sooner but the guy only fixed the line just this evening. There are a number of weird things that would happen to you if you live near your school. Oh yes, I know I've 'graduated' but seriously, what do you do when you happen to meet your teacher (with husband in tow) when you've only just stepped out of your blk's lift, still bleary eyed from sleep?? I gwaked, smiled, and waved. I THINK. I can't seem to recall that surreal moment. That afternoon, I went to Pasir Ris to cycle. My sis's kite got stuck in a coconut tree. Haha. It would have been very funny if she wasn't sulking so much, or pissed off that we wanted to go cycling instead of kite flying. However, life's like that see, and by the time we got home no one was really mad at each other anymore. I think it has partly to do with the fact that, we were not only too tired, but prolonged arguing can just be as exhaustive as cycling uphill all afternoon. It is also bad for health.

It's good to be connected again. My house is definitely not tech friendly either, and I thought I was bad enough.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger