Saturday, December 31, 2005

Tis the Day before 2006!

Ah...the last day of the year. Wonder what thoughts there are out there. Some will be reflecting on the year gone by (and what lovely reflections these are), others will be planning tonight's party wardrobe and some will just be bumming around, being immune to time. I hope that for all my friends out there, today will be a bit of all 3 - we need our memories - both the good and bad ones, a little of the present (the wardrobe?! and friends and family) and well, the sense of preserving ourselves for the future. What I mean is, may we all change for the better but not resolve to change so much. Oh I know about New Year's resolutions - don't they never work...because we bum around not really bothering to change them. I guess that while time flies by (less than 24 hrs to 2006 & counting) we don't change with the year. For those who still keep up the tradition of making resolutions, kudos to you. May urs be practiced daily. Guess I envy those who can and do make their resolutions reality and at the same time be amazed how improving themselves don't make them any diff - it's like being new and improved while keeping the old functions. It's what u say to old friends I suppose.

Yesterday, I went to Jusco in JB. It was my 1st shopping trip to M'asia. Hah. That makes me a real Singaporean then doesn't it, getting into the nation's hobby? Some will say I'm mad - where've you been ALL those years? You've ONLY started shopping in JB NOW??? Well..."there" wasn't remarkably interesting (like Giant or Carrefour lor) and neither was "back again" (you can see Senoko Power Station!) The most interesting bit would have to be "between" - the electric cables overhead, the marshy river mouth with white egrets and fishing boats, the kampungs, the grungy streets intersected by vast green emptiness. I imagine that would have been what Singapore would look like if we had the physical space. Yup, JB is a lot like the opp side of the causeway...right down to the architecture and shrubbery along road sides.

However, that was yesterday, and today's already arrived. I hope you all have had a wonderful year. Makes me think back about the past year - BBQs, OZ - tht wonderful nightmare, school, the A's and all the roulette sweets we ate as well as M&Ms spelling ;), all my tutors (drama included obviously), and the smoke inhaled in all our said BBQs.
And of course 04A2 (how could I forget em?).

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger