Saturday, November 26, 2005

An update for all the good it'll do

Let's see... what have I been doing? On Thursday, I met up with Cheryl and Ailing to go see our old teachers at Beatty to notify them on our intentions to sign up for relief teaching. We met up with our English teacher, Ms Lim. It was an amazing coincidence that she was in school anyway. The security guards refused to let us in. I know they are only doing their job, which is good, but that meant that we were stuck standing at the school porch until Ms Lim rescued us.

The visit let to me realise that truly, I've forgotten how much I once knew of my classmates. Cheryl bullied (OK...asked nicely) a Beatty student into finding ANY teacher for us, and that was how we actually met up with our English teacher in the first place. It's shocking really. Either I've forgotten or never realised that Cheryl has such a... ...forceful personality. I don't mean it in a bad way people. It just means she is determined and resourceful. Goodness. I think I missed out on a lot not getting to know my classmates better... =)

Friday was a big dim sum lunch at Crystal Jade. It was yummy of course, though the duck with green noodles was a tad on the strange side. The duck also got stuck in my teeth, and I hate food that does that. Spent the rest of the day shopping in Orchard [Got my prom dress Yay!] and a new bike. My sis was with me cos she wanted the bike and I needed a dress. Happily, I spent only a short hour and a half at Wisma picking out my dress. That is an unusually short time picking out a dress for me. Me, the fickle freak. Funnily enough, my sis was patient enough to walk around and watch me try out clothes. Decided on a dress finally and then hopped on the train to Plaza Singapura to buy the bike from Carrefour. We actually made it home in time to eat our dinner.

Now, all I need to do is get my shoes and all the other peripheries. Or whatever they are called.

By the way, I suggest that u all try and get your hands on Spirits in the Wires. It is such a cool book! The starting is a bit slow, with the author trying to introduce all the magical terms and characters [and there are a lot of them], but it is still ok in general. I liked the idea of spirits in the Internet. At least it brings the spiritworld closer to reality.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger