Thursday, October 13, 2005

Slip by before you know it

Today is Graduation Day. Waiting about ½ hr for the ceremony to start was agony. Especially when all you want to do was fall asleep. I didn't want to come either and sit through 3hrs of prize presentation and some ugly behaviour. Then, the VIP went and gave his speech, which was mainly a motivational life story kind of thing.

I have to confess that I switched off somewhere after he said that he had 'bad' grades for prelims [he got B,A,D,D]. I think most people who got that kind of grade would have made it onto the Honour Roll. If it was a pun it was badly executed, since no one really got the pun and most people ended up being insulted. I was too. Hello. He made my C,C,O look abysmal [they aren't even moderately good I agree, but still!] next to his 'bad' grades. It was only when me, PY and Jane were having lunch that I sort of realized that it COULD have been a pun. If it was, it was in bad taste anyway. (Haha)

The little fiasco made me want to go home. Thankfully, the event kicked off sometime just before 9, and I as I had been resigned to it beginning at 10, I was rather relieved. Then came that long prize giving thing which was too long. I'll pass over describing since it was uninteresting. I salute those who got the awards. They deserve it, though it was all boring. Boredom after all has nothing to do with the awardees. Such events are merely innately boring.

The highlight was of course videos! We watched like 3 videos. If not for the wonderfully sentimental, amusing and heartwarming quality of the video, I'll have been the most evil cynic and said the committee behind Graduation was uncreative. Thankfully, it was a great graduation ceremony and I must say I really appreciated the videos which featured among other things, rather dramatic scenes from Oz [remember the Wizard and Timekeeper aka Guy in violently violet shirt?], our wonderful wonderful teachers and my principal, who happens to be retiring this year.

CT was a really lovely time too. [Presents! =D] Well, apart from that I realized that I was really going to miss my class. It was such a surreal two years that have passed me by, almost like a dream. And like dreams, they slip away ever so quickly. There isn't a need to ramble on here, simply because such occasions defy words. All I can say is, I know I won't forget today. If I were to quote from one of my favourite movies (Spirited Away), it'll be from this scene where one of the characters explains that we never really forget; it just takes time to recall those particular memories. [I hope the Eng translation's accurate. I have known BIG errors in the dubbed version] So yup. I guess that's all, folks.

P.S. I checked on my wand [the one made with straws] and found that it was wedged between the cupboard and an ironing board , not the wall. I'm surprised it has survived till now.
P.P.S. My sis found this Lego horse which the Lego knight I got today is currently riding. So cute! Reminds me of Arcite [Chaucer's A Knight's Tale] who got kicked by his horse.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger