Thursday, June 21, 2007

On the Other Side of the page

Wow. The first thing that has to be said about SPH is that they have nice air-con. This is how pathetic I must have felt thanks to a wrong turn around what should have been my old turf and walking on the baking tarmac of an unsheltered carpark... walkwalkwalk ... instead of under the nice cool void deck. Ended up dripping sweat under a rain tree (the sort that comes with nasty green caterpillars) outside SPH and wondering how people wearing long sleeved shirts can walk about and not fall into a heat induced dead faint.

Back to the air-con... nice.

Apart from that, I sat on the fringes of the ST office... on a chair/bench that wouldn't have looked out of place at the dentist's, i.e. a really posh dentist. There were even framed photographs facing the bench/chair; of the sort that you can find at clinics.
It just occurred to me... does the ST office get that many visitors? Still, it was a nice chair, and it's nice meeting up with old friends and sneaking into offices. I'm probably only several metres from writers I see in Life! everyday.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger