Thursday, February 08, 2007

Balm for sore feet

On Tuesday, py and me went to watch "Multiple Personalities Disorder" starring solely, Hossan Leong. Apart from almost going to the theatre late (thanks to non-existent waffles), it was a night of laughter, laughter and more laughter. As a measure of how funny the entire performance was, I totally forgot about my sore, blistered feet (thanks this time, to my shoes). Unfortunately, the pain returned, and I had to limp all the way home.
It's rather funny. I remember feeling so utterly light and care free, like all the troubles in the world, ok. my world, at least, had just vanished into thin air. Some people were staring, which I suspect had to do with me smiling in the middle of the stupidly crowded bus stop when everyone else was feeling cranky (bus not coming...bus not coming...). Hah! Who asked them not to go and watch a perfectly laughable show to de-stress!

Actually, I'd plans for a really long review, but it's been two days, and sadly, all that's left is that echo of hilarity, people sniggering appreciatively at the funny bits in the theatre and how, for me, the play had made my week already.
Even if it was only Tuesday.
Even if I'd nearly lost my $50 textbook to the Faculty of Long Staircases (aka Science).
Even if I have two mid-terms, and 3 essays due after Chinese New Year, and several drafts to prepare by next week.
Credit of course, goes to py, who managed, by default of cca membership, to procure half priced tickets.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger