Friday, October 06, 2006

Pick Me!

These are my Lit paper questions. Pick one for me and tell me why you chose it. I think they're all horrible. That said, I still have to do them. I think I ought to watch Sympathy for Lady Vengeance for the first question. That said... I don't like Korean films...
The winner doesn't win anything obviously. Though if you like candy I'll get some for you. =D

1. Ibsen's Hedda Gabler forces us to see domestic frustration, disappointment, and fiasco as forms of violence against women in society. Discuss.

2. The title of Duras' film script, Hiroshima mon Amour [Hiroshima My Love], is equivocal about its proper subject: the address to "my love" can refer equally to an unnamed lover as well as to the proper noun 'Hiroshima', the city itself. Reflect on this ambiguity.

3. Discuss the language and attitude to the subject of love in any one of the following three poems:

Jonathan Swift's 'A Beautiful Young Nymph Going to Bed'
T. S. Eliot's 'The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock'
Leong Liew Geok's 'Love Songs'

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger