Saturday, August 13, 2005

Shh!

Am so tired. Too...tired...to...blog... Haha. I AM blogging, which is the irony of it all. After 2hrs++ of Econs mock prelims today, my hands feel like lead. For some strange reason, my left hand aches too. Could it have been due to the Hazelnut dance yesterday? Well. I do not wish to post anything in relation to my least favourite subject. U might like it, Kappa - it is a very evil subject.

Anyway, PY, Jane and me went to the National Library to study. We had lunch before that at the Food Court. Poor PY found ham slices in her supposedly vegetarian spaghetti - the nerve of some cooks. The ham tasted gross too...like plastic.

The NL was really nice. Didn't like it initially - it was obstructing my way to Bras Basah, and I recall being forced to walk on the double yellow lines on the fringe of Victoria Road when the NL was still in its construction stage. So many cars...it was quite scary. But that is besides the point. Today marks my first visit to the newly constructed National Library, and it is really a beautiful building, inside and outside. There is this zen-like landscaping with lots of bamboo trees, and black/white pebble paths. It looks so cooling and airy compared to all that concrete. The whole building comprises of vast glassy panels, and looks a tad too futuristic, but if u look at SMU just down the street and I guess the architecture is comparable, though SMU has a wavy glass facade that looks as if it is about to topple anytime.

When u enter, u are greeted by a blast of cold air, which Jane tells me, is due to changes in the air pressure...cool. The building looks fantastic in the interior too...lots of glass linkways that criss cross the various levels...very very sci-fi. And the silence. U sound like u are yelling when u are really whispering as softly as u can. They say silence is golden, but I would have given anything for a bit of noise. It feels like you are sitting in a vacumm when it is too quiet.

Spent an afternoon there. Was completely disoriented when we left the building - one gets the feeling that u are on the same floor all the time because each floor is structured similarly. Only changes are floor tile colours. It doesn't help if u've contracted a headache reading tourism notes...well. Will stop here I guess. My fingers are dropping off...

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger