Thursday, August 04, 2005

July/August

I've not been blogging for a while as you can obviously see. Anyway, I'm glad the stupid tag-board is up and running again. Was so frustrated when it decided to do strange things. Happily, it wasn't just me for once...friends had a similar problem too. When you have a temperamental computer akin to a grouchy old man, you question every weird thing it throws at you...

So. Just an update. Last WKEND was spent doing things...decided to wrap Kappa's present a day in advance. It was a blue wrapper, with darker blue teddies I found off Google Images. I was lucky that my printer was printing blue ink...I ran out of black a few months back. Just haven't bothered to replace ink. If I had black ink I would have to print them in greyscale, which doesn't sit well with the light blue paper, and of course, I've no photoshop to do things with the teddy photo. Yup. Luck or something I guess. Anyway, we had lunch at Hans. Am HAPPY that I was late for once. I've complaints that I go to pre-arranged venues too early. Hans was ok. Watermelon wasn't sweet enough if you ask me. Went shopping after that. Thanks Kappa, for humouring ol' indecisive me while I circled Borders like some insane metal institute escapee with a fetish for walking in circles.

Bought Michael Chabon's The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay. People who watch the OC would know Seth mentioned it in one of the episodes. Dun know if this is true. Ask Kappa. The book is very thick. It's about WWII. Its also a book only mad people would recommend. Have found nothing entertaining from it so far. But hey. I've only read like...4 pages? Haha. Tracy Chevalier's Girl with a Pearl Earring was great though. Finished it already. For a historical fiction, it really is quite well written. Go read it.

Went sofa cloth shopping with Aunt and Mum in Choo Chiat. For those out there who suffer from chronic "Where is this place hah?", Choo Chiat is in Geylang. But that is besides the point. The point is, I went cloth shopping with them, and we bought the cloth that I picked out. I shall take the liberty of looking smug. It's a light cream coloured cloth with silvery leaf and vine motifs on it. It LOOKS nice. Anyone who says otherwise will answer to the chopper poised in my hand. Nah. Just kidding. I don't like choppers in the first place...so violent and unwieldy.

Last of all, my pet hamster gave birth to 3 babies on the 2nd of August!! That's same as you Kappa! They look quite gross actually - all wobbly and pink and for some reason, a bit shiny too. Heehee.

Last night was bad though. Fell asleep waiting for Inuyasha to start at the unearthly hr of 11pm. I missed the damn episode and woke up just in time to catch the ending credits rolling. Luckily my sis wasn't too pissed off that I only managed to tape Shaman King for her. Sat through that with a highly dissatisfied feeling of having missed a TV show you stayed up for.
Well. here ends this post. Will blog again some time soon.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger