Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Reminiscences

Sometimes, I wonder where those thoughts pop out from, but that I suppose is a matter for another time. Having just woke up, I was sitting in the living room stoning when I realised that with a little more than a month to go, the drama juniors will be working at a frantic pace towards their big night. Well. Like last year... and the year before that. To have a goal in the near future aand to be working towards it. Thinking that they have something to work towards brings back some memorable moments. I suppose that that is the difference between them and me now. Just last year, I'll have been doing the same as them, but now, work seems such a monotonous thing. There isn't a goal anymore. No big production, no rehearsals to work towards that, no planning, just work. There doesn't seem to be a point in serving people, smiling and smiling and cursing inwardly after that. That polite service smile. Day after day. Washing washing and more washing. And then what? To what purpose? I suppose you can say that the only thing I can look forward to is my pay at the end of the month. Thankfully, no one day at that place is the same. If it were, I think I might just crack. Now I see why people portray work as a dull, endless cycle that crawls snail pace everyday. To get over one day seems like such a momentous relief.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger