Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Seriously Funny Business

Well then. My exams are finally over. Actually not really. I've still my Lit PC paper tomorrow. Of course I'm celebrating a day earlier! Haha. Already what I'm blogging is making me feel the tiniest bit guilty. I shall look through my skills notes tonight then, when I can finally stop torturing myself by refusing my poor eyes sleep and scaring everyone in the dead of the night by getting up at 3am in the morning to study. I had just switched on the living room light and sat down with my pillow when my mum came out of her room and stared at me.

"What are you doing with your blanket over your head?"

Obviously I was studying. What else could I be doing, especially when your eyes are watering and itchy from a lack of sleep? Happily that stage of the prelims are over and I do not have to face the evil Geog paper until 6 weeks later. Well. Suppose I'm just glad that I can take a break for a while before getting back to you-know-what.

Until then, I shall just be happy revising day in and out I guess. =(

Why isn't the "gahmen" laughing? [Ppl who have read the sat paper will know what I'm talkin abt]

I've just been thinking about the white elephant issue at the Buangkok station. I don't know about you, but I was really amused by the cardboard cutouts. Speaks a lot without having to say anything you know... Anyway my question is simply why is the government so upset? Personally I cannot understand why they would be so unhappy. Wait. Maybe I can. No authority would want to be slighted so rudely. However, I see the white elephants as merely a joke. OK, So the person was trying to protest against something. The fact is, we've really come a long way from the Hock Lee bus rioting days. Must there be such a hue and cry over who the culprit is? The thing is, to me, just about anybody who lives near Buangkok would hope the station opens. Anyone can also easily interpret the station as a metaphorical white elephant.

After all, it has been closed for the time ever since NEL opened. Even if the protest came in the form of a polite letter to the town council, it will still be a protest. Perhaps it is wrong or rebellious or plain rudeto say so, but funny, the elephants really made me laugh.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger