Friday, September 30, 2005

Hello Again

I am sick and tired of my comp. It's behaviour has reached the ultimate in all notorious comp behaviour. It lags. It doesn't boot properly. I can't go online. It REFUSES to shut down. That's it. Whatever sentimental reasons I have for prolonging the life of that sad piece of scrap metal is gone. Vanished. Up in smoke. Good. Now I feel better. Yay. For your information, I am not being a hypocrite. This is being typed out on my school's comp, which has also chosen to defy me, by preventing me, the user from migrating to the new server. This means that come Monday, I most probably won't have a backup plan to freely sponge off the school's free Internet service. Double yay.

Anyway, I've decided that the old cantakerous persona I gave my comp is dead. Or at least semi-paralysed from stroke or heart disease (in other words, Spyware and viruses most probably both or at least one of them). So maybe I can get a laptop you know...Haha

So, what is the point of this? Well actually nothing. I just had to blast my comp somehow... Now I feel slightly better.

OK, now on to more interesting things. I recently read Douglas Adams's Hitchiker's Guide to the Universe. It is one of the funniest books I've ever read. It is so funny I can't describe the kind of laughing it induced in me. I think the amusement waS partly from feeling post-prelims euphoria. The euphoria was supposed to last the weekend only. Somehow the damn "fun for all" feeling has transposed itself onto this week as well. Bad bad me. Must study you know.

In any case, if there are any sad or depressed souls out there, I suggest you read the Hitchiker's Guide to the Universe. It is a mockery of anything serious (and that includes Doomsday; in the book that happens on a nice Thursday). I guess it pays to have an alien friend. I feel quite relieved on this point. Hey Kappa, where do you park your spaceship?

The other book is I read is one that PY lent me. It is funny too, though the irony and sarcasm is easier to get. The lunacy level is lower too (thank goodness - i can't be reading mad books all the time). It's called "How I became Stupid" by Martin Page. Really nice book too. I intend to buy that, along with Sophie's World (when I find it)...

Happily, I am going to vanish again. It is so shitty but hey, maybe I'll get a new comp out of it...

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger