Thursday, September 08, 2005

Random thoughts that are not really random. Actually.

On English literature criticism:
I have no idea what Harold Bloom* is saying. I sometimes think that he is trying to sound like the high-brow English professor that he mostly probably really is.

On kids running around in KFC during lunch:
Smile and sympathise with the cleaner aunty. She can't run after them.

On the kid hiding next to the trash bin in KFC:
Hey kid. Why don't you hide IN the rubbish bin instead. There, your comrades won't ever find you... Hopefully they'll leave you behind when they go home too.

On the parents/child minders of kids running around in KFC during lunch:
Please don't take an hour to purchase just one reg. Coke. It looks so bad. Especially when you have 5 children jumping on the plastic seats. By the way...did I mention that you make horrible child minders/parents?

On Toa Payoh Library:
Too...many...familiar...faces...

On seeing familiar faces:
It can be both a good and bad thing.

On the 7pm Chinese period drama on Channel 8 (weekdays):
I cannot fathom WHY my sister likes to watch it. Actually I find myself quite taken with the show too, which MYSTERIOUSLY ENOUGH, advocates the wonders of the Singapore Education System and the benefits of academic advancement to the individual and the intrinsic capitalistic value to the country. (I won't say anything about NS)

On reading Sophie's World:
Funny, but I think I've been introduced to Aristotle throughout my life. It hasn't been a very long life, but still... Biology, the Sciences (especially Biology), Chaucer and the First Mover thingy. Being organised. I am constantly reminded of the fact that I am messy daily by my dear Mum.

On watching Scrapped Princess:
I wonder...that blob monster looks awfully (no pun intended) familiar... Did I see it in Princess Mononoke?

Lastly and speaking of Hayao Miyazaki... I find several parallels between him and S.T. Coleridge. Good excuse to watch movies as part of revision...the wonders of Lit.

* Harold Bloom needs no introduction in the world of a A level Literature student. If you aren't one, just pick up any book on A level lit (especially one on Shakespeare) and chances are, it has H. Bloom in it somewhere. Try the first few pages. Chances are, he is the editor if not writer. Talk about unique views...

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger