Tuesday, June 07, 2005

A Day in the Life of a Bored J2

I can't stand it. The weather has been terribly cruel these few days. I have been trying to study under all the heat of the absurdly hot weather we usually get round June. Yes, studying, in advent of my MID-YEARS, after my oh-so-lovely-and-relaxing HOLIDAYS. It does not help either when the sky is loaded with highly inviting looking grey clouds that have been steadily increasing in all its heavy glory. But it is STILL not raining! Wait...it gets better! I have the amazing luck to be caught in the rain at Causeway Point, when I decided to brave the stormy wind-lashed unsheltered path from the mall to the library. I got my jeans soaked, on my first GSS trip.

That was yesterday. Today was spent complaining about the humidity, and trying to revise Geography. I did succeed to some extent, but spent the other half [the unsuccessful part] eating and feeling hungry. Clearly using your brain power requires a lot of nutritional input. In fact, I have just got off completing mind maps for Geography Lecture 5. I still have 4 more to go. Oh dear...

I then spent 2 hours watching Princess Mononoke. For the uninitiated, it's one of Hayao Miyazaki's finest films, after Spirited Away of course. What a lovely film. I don't know why my sister found it gross. I think the enormous caterpillar like things in Nausicaa were far worse. They look...eww. No words can describe their grossness. Pity they were the good guys. I'm not saying ugly people can't be the good guys, but honestly, they look a nightmare, of the kind I sincerely hope I would never have. Seriously, there was this scene where there was a baby Ohmu [that is what the caterpillars are called] the size of a minivan oozing blue blood and wobbling about. Eww. The adults are even more appalling - they are the size of a mansion. My nightmare!

OK, enough of disgusting things. Well yes. Enough of me for now. Ciao.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger