Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Argh!!

It is the middle of my mid-yrs. One would think that for better or for worse I should be mugging. Or least pretending to mug. Hah. I am traumatised. Me. Me would never in her life imagine misreading a crucial poem has misread her Lit Poetry Critical Appreciation paper. I am dead. It is probably the 1st time I'm saying it, honestly, my brains didn't even have to work so hard for my Geog paper. Now...why did I misread that poem? I figured on my way home after the exam that I had not only misread the writer intention, but part of the imagery as well.
What is the world coming to??
Sniffle.
In any case I figured that I was committing suicide by rewriting my entire essay in half an hour. By the time I was done, my thoughts were so scattered that I couldn' write my 2nd essay on the drama bit. But why blog about all this? There goes my 'B' for Lit anyway. I'm saying 'B' because I'm a goner for the rest of my subjects. =(

Happily, I will now blog about something other than my sorry state of academic affairs. My sis bought a new hamster. It's fluffy, brown and stripey, has a cute pink nose, a white paintbrush tip like tail, white ears and red eyes. Kawaii!!!! It's got this thing for the hamster wheel - kept playing with it last night before I went to bed; it was trying it out cautiously...this morning it was running on it so fast the hamster's just a tawny blur. Cute! cute! cute! No name yet though...can't think of any.

By the way...the poem that is the cause of my woes is called "Tithonus" by Alfred Lord Tennyson. It's good I suppose, but really, I'm too depressed to admit its anything better than that. Let's hope for better days...

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger