Friday, February 05, 2010

K is for Kafkaesque

MsFickle's Dictionary Guide to Life

Kafkaesque; or used to describe an event or activity that seems bizaare, illogical or both.

Have you ever had a memory of something occuring which couldn't possibly have? Once, I distinctly remember catching a bus from Suntec (opposite Marina Square, Conrad side) to NUS and feeling a very great sense of satisfaction. Here was a bus that led from the interior swamps of Clementi all the way to the heart of the city! I could have wept tears of joy! Kissed the steps of this heaven-sent bus! The bus even took the outer route, and didn't weave in and out of the CBD, which was even better! It took all of half an hour to get to Harbourfront and I hastily committed the number of the bus (30) to memory.

Of course, anyone who plies to NUS frequently will be able to inform you that bus 30 does not go to Suntec. It does to NUS though, so I've no idea what magical vehicle I took that day, because I distinctly recall sitting on one. Kappa laughed derisively when I told, no, insisted that such a bus existed. When we double-checked, not only was the number 30 not on the bus-stop plate, it doesn't even visit Suntec. How tragic. And not to mention, I had to suffer Kappa's smirking the entire day and insinuations about my less than sane state.

So yes. What bus was it? And what on earth was I doing that afternoon I supposedly took a bus to Harbourfront? Who knows. I certainly don't...

1 comments:

Morphus said...

How magical!!! Perhaps it was the knight bus or something. I've had this kind of feeling before, remembering something that cldn't have happened before. It's something like deja vu but slightly different.

Powered By Blogger