Friday, February 27, 2009

Mistaken Identities

Yes. Me. As per usual.

People that I have been mistaken for up till now:

  • A student at Mayflower, or now that I think about it, maybe it was St Marg's
  • This was when I was attempting (and mostly failing) to sell Encyclopedias at the World Book Fair a couple years back. But, hey, this case of mistaken identity caused the family who thought they were speaking to a well-loved family friend aka me, to sit down and be subjected to a pleasant chat, or well, sales pitch.

  • A neighbour when this tuition kid's mom stayed in Ang Mo Kio
  • This was at the staircase when I smiled at a mother bringing her child to tuition and she said I looked familiar and asked if I stay at AMK. When I said no, she insisted that I must have at some point or other stayed there before.

  • Caroline
  • When we were introducing ourselves in tutorial, and my professor who said I looked familiar (and well I should since I took his module the previous semester) asked if I was such a person.

  • That I am Malay
  • This, coming from tuition kids who don't know better and thinking they can talk behind my back in chinese. This, also coming from a Malay auntie only just yesterday, is a little too much.

  • That I am Eurasian.
  • Also, this again from tuition kids who don't know better. I pretend not to be either. "Hey, teacher can understand chinese!". I feel like I'm not there, or conversely, that I am there, as a lab show.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger