Sunday, May 30, 2010

Jaunt to Japan II

And because I took too many photos and it'll be silly not to share my favourite shots, converted to monochrome so you get to see the silhouettes and contours and lines clearer...



Because I am fond of Tokyo in black and white...



and the tranquility of temples. [May Lord Buddha watch over me for tomorrow] I am not a believer, but when you stand under eaves that are thicker than a man's waist, and watch the



tendrils of incense smoke curling up into the air... and, for that moment it is very easy to feel connected to something larger. And I don't mean the crowd.



And because it is rare to see an empty alley in the heart of a city, even if that city is just waking up...



It's a new day brimming with excitement.



Ladies and Gentlemen out on a walk...



and a shot of my dad which I actually like. The ominous atmosphere suits his personality.



Because I like atmospheric photos, and this is my favourite shot.



Xiao Long agrees.



Soliciting under the lights of Shimabashi and the quintessential plastic umbrellas.



Everybody loves a good show.



And ducks. Who doesn't love the cute duckie?



And fantastic dawns rising over the ridge.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger