Sunday, September 07, 2008

Absurdia

And so... in a not so typical day at class... I ended up mending my student's slipper in class while issuing threats now and then from my precarious perch on the swivel chair. I had offered to give a call to his mother so that she can fetch him something to walk home with, but he didn't want me to, and insisted on trying to fix in class himself. The thing is: I could 1) let him waste 1.5 hrs on futile shoe-fixing and not do any proper work, or 2) shoe had to be fixed by someone other than him so that he can get some work done
Guess who. Still I am quite proud of that fixed slipper. Especially when I only had scotch tape to work with and it being impossible to tell little boys to work slowly or not yank on the slipper after it being taped.

Right. Tis one week after another.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger