Thursday, August 21, 2008

The library as a sanctuary of study

I quite fail to understand how anyone can miss the point. Yes. by all means shush the crying child. It is after all, standard, responsible behaviour for a child's guardian or parent in the library - the sanctuary of silent study in nice air conditioning.

But, when the guardian's phone makes loud noises and her shushing *repeatedly* is louder than the child (now happily cooing), I seriously wonder at the irony of it all. Part of me wants to say: strangle the child, no noise! and the other part of me of course is doing the admonishing for saying such nasty things in the first place. The best solution is of course, not to bring the pram, the baby and the toddler in and seeing as the parent did not seemed inclined to read or borrow books or use a laptop, I really really fail to understand why anyone would come in here.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger